The Project AWARE Specialty program is designed to familiarize divers and non-divers with the plight of worldwide aquatic ecosystems. It also describes what individuals can do to help protect aquatic resources. The program is a nondiving course that only contains classroom presentations.
Find out more about the aquatic world we live in, how we try to make a difference and how you can make a difference back in your own back yard.
Diver with full equipment hire is $369
Snorkeler with full equipment is $269
What does the course involve?
This course covers information about aquatic ecosystem degradation along with conservation measures to protect aquatic resources.
- The Project AWARE philosophy about protecting worldwide aquatic ecosystems.
- The importance of and interdependent nature of worldwide aquatic ecosystems.
- Pertinent issues concerning the environmental status of worldwide aquatic ecosystems, including: fisheries concerns, coastal zone management and marine pollution.
- The status of specific, critically degraded marine environments.
- Suggestions and information about specific actions that may help to conserve worldwide aquatic ecosystems.
What do I need to supply?
You need to bring your lovely self, a big smile, swimming costume, and a towel. We will provide everything else!
All equipment, your instruction, manual, certification, and boat trip.
When do you run the courses?
These courses are run on demand, so just ask us.