The Advanced Open Water course may be taken by certified PADI Open Water divers (or individuals with an equivalent qualification). This course is the next step in increasing your knowledge and developing your skills to make your diving even safer and more enjoyable. If you’re aged 15 or over then you’re ready for action.
$1090 private course including full equipment for one person.
$690 including full equipment hire for two or more people.
$630 tanks and weights for two or more people.
This course is field based so there is minimal theory. The course consists of 5 dives made up of two core (required) dives and three elective (instructor or student choice) dives. The course runs over 2 consecutive days and includes diving from our boats at the world-renowned Poor Knights islands or from our boats on the world-class wrecks of the HMNZS Tui and the HMNZS Waikato.
Deep - Dive to a maximum of 30 metres and find out what nitrogen narcosis is - will you experience it?
Navigation - Fine-tune and improve navigation skills with compass use and natural navigation tips.
- Wreck - Dive the Waikato shipwreck and feel the adventure!
- Peak Performance Buoyancy - Perfect your hover, ideal skill for photographers, underwater observers, and wreck enthusiasts.
- Naturalist - identify different plant and aquatic species.
- Search and Recovery - learn search patterns and techniques to aid in recovery of that lost mask overboard!
- Night - natural curiosity and a different perspective, things DO look different at night.
- Multi-level - learn some of the theory behind dive tables and computers, how to plan multi-level dives and use the Wheel.
- Photography - learn about care and preparation, also tips on lighting, positioning, backscatter, and composure.
- Boat - bow, stern, aft, and port, boat diving is very different to shore diving. This elective gives you a heads up on the nautical way of diving.
Evidence of Open Water certification (or equivalent)
* Advanced Open Water Kit
* All theory sessions
* 5 Open water dives
* Full equipment hire
* PADI fees and Certification card
Saturdays, Tuesday and Thursday starts are the norm, but if you wish to select a different date, just call us and we can tailor a day to suit you.
After completion of the course you will receive you Advanced Diver certificate, enabling you to safely participate in more advanced diving pursuits including diving to 30 metres and wreck diving!
You can continue your dive training with the Emergency First Responder and Rescue Diver course or Specialties.
Can't find what you want? Just ask!
Freephone us in New Zealand on
0800 288 882.
Best day ever! Nudibranch fest 2008! Crew were awesome…. Thanks for everything!